Oct 11, 2012, 10:48 PM EDT
There will be extra-inning baseball at Yankee Stadium for a second straight night. The Orioles and Yankees remain tied at 1-1 as we move into the top of the 10th inning.
The Yankees went down in order against Darren O’Day in the bottom of the ninth. Russell Martin grounded out and Curtis Granderson flew out to moderately deep center field before last night’s hero, Raul Ibanez, came up with two outs. However, there were no heroics this time, as Ibanez grounded out to Mark Reynolds for the final out of the inning.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 25
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)