Oct 11, 2012, 10:48 PM EDT
There will be extra-inning baseball at Yankee Stadium for a second straight night. The Orioles and Yankees remain tied at 1-1 as we move into the top of the 10th inning.
The Yankees went down in order against Darren O’Day in the bottom of the ninth. Russell Martin grounded out and Curtis Granderson flew out to moderately deep center field before last night’s hero, Raul Ibanez, came up with two outs. However, there were no heroics this time, as Ibanez grounded out to Mark Reynolds for the final out of the inning.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 222
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)