Oct 11, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
From Jesse Sanchez’s game story at MLB.com following last night’s Tigers-A’s game:
But the mood in the clubhouse took a serious turn and tension surfaced when veteran Octavio Dotel told [Miguel] Cabrera to address the media because it was his job as the leader of the team
Cabrera turned down all interview requests and sat at one of the tables in his dress clothes with his arms crossed. Dotel, still in uniform, sat at the other table and shook his head.
I don’t follow the Tigers as closely as some other teams, but I guess I never really thought of Cabrera as a team leader, as he’s not the most vocal dude around. But I suppose Dotel would be in a better position to know that. I also wonder why he wouldn’t talk to the press given that, dude, it’s not like he was the goat in this one.
I do know that, in another city, this would be a much bigger deal than it probably is in reality. And that, if the Tigers win tonight, it makes no difference. Heck, even if they lose it doesn’t. Still, interesting to see.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)