Oct 11, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
The Orioles grabbed a 1-0 lead on a solo home run by Nate McLouth in the top of the fifth, but the Yankees drew even in the bottom of the sixth.
Derek Jeter led off the inning with a double to the right field corner and was bunted over to third base by Ichiro Suzuki. Joe Saunders then walked Mark Teixeira before inducing a grounder from Robinson Cano, but Ryan Flaherty was only able to make a play at first base. Jeter scored from third on the play to tie it up.
The Yankees had a chance for more, but Tommy Hunter was brought into the game to face Alex Rodriguez and struck him out swinging on a 97 mph heater to end the threat. We’re all tied up going into the top of the seventh.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)