Oct 11, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
The Orioles grabbed a 1-0 lead on a solo home run by Nate McLouth in the top of the fifth, but the Yankees drew even in the bottom of the sixth.
Derek Jeter led off the inning with a double to the right field corner and was bunted over to third base by Ichiro Suzuki. Joe Saunders then walked Mark Teixeira before inducing a grounder from Robinson Cano, but Ryan Flaherty was only able to make a play at first base. Jeter scored from third on the play to tie it up.
The Yankees had a chance for more, but Tommy Hunter was brought into the game to face Alex Rodriguez and struck him out swinging on a 97 mph heater to end the threat. We’re all tied up going into the top of the seventh.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)