Oct 11, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
The Orioles grabbed a 1-0 lead on a solo home run by Nate McLouth in the top of the fifth, but the Yankees drew even in the bottom of the sixth.
Derek Jeter led off the inning with a double to the right field corner and was bunted over to third base by Ichiro Suzuki. Joe Saunders then walked Mark Teixeira before inducing a grounder from Robinson Cano, but Ryan Flaherty was only able to make a play at first base. Jeter scored from third on the play to tie it up.
The Yankees had a chance for more, but Tommy Hunter was brought into the game to face Alex Rodriguez and struck him out swinging on a 97 mph heater to end the threat. We’re all tied up going into the top of the seventh.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)