Oct 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
We don’t have the full lineups yet, but we have this much:
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 12, 2012
Over/under on closeups of Rodriguez on the bench during the game: 157.
I guess Joe Girardi was not impressed with Rodriguez’s track record against the Orioles’ starter, Jason Hammel. My prediction that he would be notwithstanding, I can’t say I can argue with him.
Look for A-Rod to get the first big pinch hitting shot at a lefty, but beyond that, the Yankees’ most expensive player is gonna ride the pine in an elimination game.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)