Oct 12, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
We don’t have the full lineups yet, but we have this much:
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 12, 2012
Over/under on closeups of Rodriguez on the bench during the game: 157.
I guess Joe Girardi was not impressed with Rodriguez’s track record against the Orioles’ starter, Jason Hammel. My prediction that he would be notwithstanding, I can’t say I can argue with him.
Look for A-Rod to get the first big pinch hitting shot at a lefty, but beyond that, the Yankees’ most expensive player is gonna ride the pine in an elimination game.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)