Ahhh, now I see your game, Yankees and Orioles … clever. Verrryyy clever …

Oct 12, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT

Buster Olney passes on information that explains a lot:

It’s not offensive impotence. It’s psy-ops. In other news:

Except Ali and Frazier could hit a little.

Sorry, folks. Just bored and killing time. The fact that we have to wait until 5PM for a game today is a total ripoff.

1. southpaw2k - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Could be worse. We could have to wait until 8 PM for this party to start.

GO BIRDS.

• natslady - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

By 8 pm you should have an idea if you are going to the next party–or not, if you are in extras for a change. ;) Me, I am so happy to be at the party I don’t care what time it starts! That was unreal last night…

2. heyblueyoustink - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Nothing could be worse, just ask a nationals fan. Everything is worse.

3. heyblueyoustink - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

” It’s OK, we could use a little, worse.”

4. jayscarpa - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

The Yankees need to shave their heads so at least they look like they can hit.

5. El Bravo - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Craig, make me a pie.

6. natslady - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Actually, the Yanks and O’s have a case. Whoever wins, and you have to figure “all hands on deck,” they don’t get a day off. The ALCS starts tomorrow.

• El Bravo - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Kinda, but whoever wins only sees Verly once most likely so it isn’t like the Tigres are lined up perfectly pitching-wise. That said, I don’t want to face Dog Fister or The Schnerzzzzz if they are on top of their game either. But after this past series, if I’m a hitter, the last person on earth I want throwing projectiles at me is Mr. Verlander. Some would say, he don’t play.

• kalinedrive - Oct 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

JV is lined up to pitch Game 3 on Tuesday and Game 7* on Sunday (*if necessary, duh). I’ll take that. And if game 7 is not necessary, that makes him ready for Game 1 of the WS. I’ll take that, too.

7. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Maybe “Almost Useless” can be the new official tag line for this series. My God, it looks like 2 whole teams full of Billy Crystals and Adam Greenburgs

8. raysfan1 - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

To Mr Vaccaro,
    One problem with your comparison is that in the races that counted most Affirmed went 3-0 over Alydar.

9. Joba Chamberlain's Elbow - Oct 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Matt Wieter’s bat is hitting just fine, thank you very much.

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (2980)