Oct 12, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the ALDS between the Orioles and Yankees, in New York:
BALTIMORE ORIOLES NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Nate McLouth, LF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. J.J. Hardy, SS 2. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 3. Adam Jones, CF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Chris Davis, RF 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Matt Wieters, C 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 6. Manny Machado, 3B 6. Nick Swisher, RF 7. Mark Reynolds, 1B 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Lew Ford, DH 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Robert Andino, 2B 9. Eric Chavez, 3B SP Jason Hammel, RHP SP CC Sabathia, LHP
Buck Showalter is going with a slightly different lineup than he used against CC Sabathia in Game 1 of the series, picking Chris Davis as his cleanup hitter (Davis batted seventh in Game 1) and moving Manny Machado ahead of Mark Reynolds. And, like in Game 1, he’s benched Jim Thome versus a left-hander and given the designated hitter start to Lew Ford.
Last night Joe Girardi moved Alex Rodriguez from third to fifth in the order, eventually pinch-hitting for him. And tonight A-Rod is out of the lineup completely, getting benched in favor Eric Chavez while Raul Ibanez takes over as the No. 5 hitter. Girardi also moved Robinson Cano up from fourth to third to have the switch-hitting Mark Teixeira in between lefties Cano and Ibanez. Derek Jeter and Russell Martin are the only right-handed hitters in the lineup against Orioles right-hander Jason Hammel.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)