Oct 12, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
If you think Alex Rodriguez has a terrible reputation for his playoff performance now, just imagine what things would be like without the Twins’ pitching staff around.
As a lifelong Minnesotan and Twins fan I have some pretty vivid memories of A-Rod destroying my favorite team in the playoffs, and sure enough I crunched the numbers to find these startling stats:
For his postseason career Rodriguez has hit .391 with three homers and a 1.094 OPS in 10 games against the Twins, compared to hitting .246 with 10 homers and a .774 OPS in 62 games against every other team.
Unfortunately for Rodriguez and the Yankees the Twins might not be back in the playoffs for a while.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)