Oct 12, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
If you think Alex Rodriguez has a terrible reputation for his playoff performance now, just imagine what things would be like without the Twins’ pitching staff around.
As a lifelong Minnesotan and Twins fan I have some pretty vivid memories of A-Rod destroying my favorite team in the playoffs, and sure enough I crunched the numbers to find these startling stats:
For his postseason career Rodriguez has hit .391 with three homers and a 1.094 OPS in 10 games against the Twins, compared to hitting .246 with 10 homers and a .774 OPS in 62 games against every other team.
Unfortunately for Rodriguez and the Yankees the Twins might not be back in the playoffs for a while.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 34
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 47
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105