Oct 12, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
What a ripoff. Instead of the 12 hours of baseball craziness we got on Wednesday, Thursday’s games only gave us eleven and a half hours. I want my money back.
Orioles 2, Yankees 1: Thirteen innings of offensive feebleness — led by Curtis Granderson and Alex Rodriguez –but J.J. Hardy‘s RBI double and the good Jim Johnson showing up forces yet another Game 5. Question: I know you pretty much have to play Granderson in center, but does A-Rod even start?
Tigers 6, Athletics 0: It was a nice run for Oakland, but there is no stopping the Verlander (CG SHO, 11K). In his two series starts, Verlander has 16 IP, 1 ER, 22K and 7 hits. Damn.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)