Oct 12, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
What a ripoff. Instead of the 12 hours of baseball craziness we got on Wednesday, Thursday’s games only gave us eleven and a half hours. I want my money back.
Orioles 2, Yankees 1: Thirteen innings of offensive feebleness — led by Curtis Granderson and Alex Rodriguez –but J.J. Hardy‘s RBI double and the good Jim Johnson showing up forces yet another Game 5. Question: I know you pretty much have to play Granderson in center, but does A-Rod even start?
Tigers 6, Athletics 0: It was a nice run for Oakland, but there is no stopping the Verlander (CG SHO, 11K). In his two series starts, Verlander has 16 IP, 1 ER, 22K and 7 hits. Damn.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments