Oct 12, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
What a ripoff. Instead of the 12 hours of baseball craziness we got on Wednesday, Thursday’s games only gave us eleven and a half hours. I want my money back.
Orioles 2, Yankees 1: Thirteen innings of offensive feebleness — led by Curtis Granderson and Alex Rodriguez –but J.J. Hardy‘s RBI double and the good Jim Johnson showing up forces yet another Game 5. Question: I know you pretty much have to play Granderson in center, but does A-Rod even start?
Tigers 6, Athletics 0: It was a nice run for Oakland, but there is no stopping the Verlander (CG SHO, 11K). In his two series starts, Verlander has 16 IP, 1 ER, 22K and 7 hits. Damn.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)