Oct 12, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
A’s GM Billy Beane spoke to the media this afternoon. When asked about the plans for next year, Beane said something you don’t hear from him as he enters the offseason all that often: he wants to keep the team together.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that Beane likes the group he has, and that includes potential free agents, such as Brandon McCarthy, Jonny Gomes and possibly Stephen Drew, who is subject to a mutual option. That also includes Grant Balfour who has a team option which Beane called “a no-brainer.”
No word on Bartolo Colon, but I’m guessing he’s a no.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy