Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
According to CBS 58 in Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez was arrested in September at his home in Wisconsin following an alleged domestic violence incident.
The alleged incident involved his girlfriend and occurred on September 17. Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel confirmed that an arrest was made, but the case is still under review and no charges have been filed. Brewers vice president of communications Tyler Barnes acknowledged that the team is aware of the report, but offered no further comment.
Rodriguez was previously arrested in August of 2010 for assaulting his girlfriend’s father in the family room at Citi Field back when he was a member of the Mets. The 30-year-old right-hander posted a 4.38 ERA and 72/31 K/BB ratio over 72 innings this season and is due to hit free agency this winter.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 10
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 16
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 25
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)