Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
According to CBS 58 in Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez was arrested in September at his home in Wisconsin following an alleged domestic violence incident.
The alleged incident involved his girlfriend and occurred on September 17. Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel confirmed that an arrest was made, but the case is still under review and no charges have been filed. Brewers vice president of communications Tyler Barnes acknowledged that the team is aware of the report, but offered no further comment.
Rodriguez was previously arrested in August of 2010 for assaulting his girlfriend’s father in the family room at Citi Field back when he was a member of the Mets. The 30-year-old right-hander posted a 4.38 ERA and 72/31 K/BB ratio over 72 innings this season and is due to hit free agency this winter.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 20
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 39
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)