Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
According to CBS 58 in Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez was arrested in September at his home in Wisconsin following an alleged domestic violence incident.
The alleged incident involved his girlfriend and occurred on September 17. Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel confirmed that an arrest was made, but the case is still under review and no charges have been filed. Brewers vice president of communications Tyler Barnes acknowledged that the team is aware of the report, but offered no further comment.
Rodriguez was previously arrested in August of 2010 for assaulting his girlfriend’s father in the family room at Citi Field back when he was a member of the Mets. The 30-year-old right-hander posted a 4.38 ERA and 72/31 K/BB ratio over 72 innings this season and is due to hit free agency this winter.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)