Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
According to CBS 58 in Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez was arrested in September at his home in Wisconsin following an alleged domestic violence incident.
The alleged incident involved his girlfriend and occurred on September 17. Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel confirmed that an arrest was made, but the case is still under review and no charges have been filed. Brewers vice president of communications Tyler Barnes acknowledged that the team is aware of the report, but offered no further comment.
Rodriguez was previously arrested in August of 2010 for assaulting his girlfriend’s father in the family room at Citi Field back when he was a member of the Mets. The 30-year-old right-hander posted a 4.38 ERA and 72/31 K/BB ratio over 72 innings this season and is due to hit free agency this winter.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)