HBT Extra: Hey, we have a new host

Oct 12, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT

Kay Adams

In this edition of HBT Extra, I gab about A-Rod, the value of Proven Closers, the Red Sox managerial search and why we saw no sweeps in the division series. But most of you guys are probably more interested in knowing who is taking over Tiffany’s chair behind the desk.

It’s the lovely and talented Kay Adams who, in addition to gigs on the NBC Sports Radio Network and Sirius XM Sports, spent the past couple of years as the in-game host at St. Louis Cardinals games. And you know what? She doesn’t like it very much when you pick against the Cardinals.

Oh, and I didn’t tell her about FC’s fan fiction, so let’s just keep that between us, OK? Don’t want to creep her out on the first day.

Welcome aboard, Kay!

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. willclarkgameface - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Eh…

• okwhitefalcon - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

In a perfect world, she could bunt for a base hit, steal second, sacrifice her to third, intentionally walk the next guy to get to light hitting Tiffany and then Tif goes yard.

Heads would explode around here.

2. The Dangerous Mabry - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Is there a hidden message in the fact that when David Price’s “baseball card” graphic comes up, the border says “Mariners”?

3. oasiserfede - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Lovely

4. deathmonkey41 - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Cool- I like brunettes better than blondes. Hope she’s a Rams fan too!

5. illcomm - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

she should have replaced you Craig. out with the old and in with the new. plus she is easy on the eyes. you look like moby.

6. kopy - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Craig, is that you standing behind her in the picture with your 1980s video camera?

Tell her I said hi.

• kiwicricket - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Or there might be a large mirror behind her? Both are slightly deviant in nature.

• umrguy42 - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Nope, not a mirror. The Cards logo on her shirt is the right way (NOT reversed).

7. kevinleaptrot - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I’ll wait until the Nats have eliminated the Cards before watching.

8. kiwicricket - Oct 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I don’t even want to know how you managed to get HER into your basement

• bsbiz - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM

When trying to get a girl in my basement, chloroform is my method of choice. Oh, and a good panel van.

• kiwicricket - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Did you ask them to put the lotion on their skin also?

• moogro - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

IT puts the lotion.

9. Francisco (FC) - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

So really, Tiffany was more like Dick Grayson and Craig has now moved on to Jason Todd, hopefully Kay won’t run into homicidal maniacs like Todd did…

10. Pierre Cruzatte - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

It was just so obvious that you and Tiffany were friends. Ah well. As long as your chemistry develops and Kay gets a little bit more comfortable (i.e. dials back on the aggressive “broadcaster” intonations), she’ll be great.

• kiwicricket - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I love it how she is so focused on reading the tele-prompter, she totally ignores Craig’s Bobby V joke.

11. Stiller43 - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM

How do you keep getting these gorgeous girls to work with you?!!! Wtf!

12. thebadguyswon - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Mmmm….so hot.

13. drkincaid - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM

“Don’t want to creep her out on the first day.” If she’s read the comments section is way too late for that.

14. brewcrewfan54 - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I broke up with a girl because I didn’t like her being a Cardinal fan. I’ll have no problem not tuning into this one.

• foreverchipper10 - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Boo. My girlfriend is a Phillies fan. It’s quite fun when we go to a game when the Braves are in town and we are decked out in opposite clothing.

• brewcrewfan54 - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Come on, it was a bit of a joke. It was just the last straw. Besides I was just beating her to the punch. If I would have waited any longer it would have been me who got dumped.

• foreverchipper10 - Oct 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Ah, I didn’t pick up on it being a joke. My bad. It just reminded me of those commercials ESPN used to run involving those circumstances.

• brewcrewfan54 - Oct 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM

No problem. Sometimes jokesdont work when ya have to read them. Thats my fault.

15. darthicarus - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM

As a Tigers fan I’m offended that Jose Valverde was referred to as a “superstar”.

16. pauleee - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Kay Adams has more than one gig!? Giggetty!

17. realgone2 - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I didn’t even notice the Cards jersey.

18. Francisco (FC) - Oct 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Somewhere in the Caribbean:

The Beach was nice, the Sun was glorious and Tiffany was enjoying a nice tan and a drink. It was time to take a break and move on, even if she wasn’t quite where she wanted to move on next. But this environment certainly helped. Working with Craig was… interesting, but as the saying goes: All good things must come to an end.

A man with a tray walked along the beach and stood next to her. She thought it was a refill. Turns out it was a phone.

“A Call for you Ms. Simons,” said the man. “From a Ms. Adams.”

She rolled her eyes, not one day on the job and her successor was calling already.

“What’s up Kay?”

“Tiff? Is Craig for real? He has the oddest requests. I had to fill in an order for an oak chair with sculpted baseballs. Never mind the fact that I had to hunt down Mike Schmidt and Andre Dawson to sign those baseballs. Or rather sculpt their signatures into them. After that I had to inventory his collection of bobbleheads, which amounted to 273 of them with 19 different versions of Chipper Jones. He owns this huge Blimp and I needed to get air traffic clearance for it so he could get his own personal feed for the Yankees-Orioles game last night. Also, what’s up with the Bathrobe and the Bubble Pipe?”

“Kay, is the pay fantastic?”

Hesitation on the line. “The pay is awesome actually,” she said.

“Then just deal with it, don’t worry a lot of this stuff is basically harmless. Bye, bye.”

Tiffany chucked the phone into the sea. It was her time to go off into the sunset. Craig was Kay’s problem now.

• cur68 - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM

You forgot to mention the cat again. Seriously. You gotta put the cat in these things. That’s the only reason Tiff hung in there for as long as she did. She did it for George.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

More Kitty… ok will work on it.

19. moogro - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM

No WAR jokes based on blonde/brunette platoon splits vis-a-vis the HBT lineup? I’m shocked.

20. moogro - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Their voices sound very similar, yet there’s a new body….wait, she’s a Time Lord!

21. ajcardsfan - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I have an odd feeling we’re going to get the Phillies treatment now…crap

22. theawesomersfranchise - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Kay Adams-Corleone?

Tell her she can ask you about baseball….
    ONCE

23. spudchukar - Oct 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Tiffiny who?

• kiwicricket - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Glad you are back for the business end of the season, but wash your mouth out, Spud!

24. hojo20 - Oct 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Looking at the new girl, “It just moved”…..George Costanza

25. indaburg - Oct 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Wow, this is sudden. She’s a lovely girl, but I just feel it’s a little to soon for me to move on from Tiffany as Craig’s co-host. I don’t want her to be the rebound co-host, you know?

Welcome aboard, Kay.

Does anyone want to win the NL wild card?
  1. M. Cuddyer (2872)