Oct 12, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
In this edition of HBT Extra, I gab about A-Rod, the value of Proven Closers, the Red Sox managerial search and why we saw no sweeps in the division series. But most of you guys are probably more interested in knowing who is taking over Tiffany’s chair behind the desk.
It’s the lovely and talented Kay Adams who, in addition to gigs on the NBC Sports Radio Network and Sirius XM Sports, spent the past couple of years as the in-game host at St. Louis Cardinals games. And you know what? She doesn’t like it very much when you pick against the Cardinals.
Oh, and I didn’t tell her about FC’s fan fiction, so let’s just keep that between us, OK? Don’t want to creep her out on the first day.
Welcome aboard, Kay!This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 1
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 75
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)