Oct 12, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
In this edition of HBT Extra, I gab about A-Rod, the value of Proven Closers, the Red Sox managerial search and why we saw no sweeps in the division series. But most of you guys are probably more interested in knowing who is taking over Tiffany’s chair behind the desk.
It’s the lovely and talented Kay Adams who, in addition to gigs on the NBC Sports Radio Network and Sirius XM Sports, spent the past couple of years as the in-game host at St. Louis Cardinals games. And you know what? She doesn’t like it very much when you pick against the Cardinals.
Oh, and I didn’t tell her about FC’s fan fiction, so let’s just keep that between us, OK? Don’t want to creep her out on the first day.
Welcome aboard, Kay!This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)