Oct 12, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Jaime Garcia traveled to New York to get a second opinion on his injured shoulder, but it sounds like the Cardinals left-hander is no closer to making a decision about potential surgery.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Garcia “may pursue an additional consultation with Dr. James Andrews.”
Meeting with Dr. James Andrews is never good news for a pitcher and according to Strauss Garcia’s recent shoulder injury is different than the shoulder injury that sidelined him for two months earlier this season.
“Nothing’s done yet,” Garcia told Strauss. “I need to think about things some more and talk to my agent. I might decide to get another opinion. Right now, I’m not sure.”
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 44
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)