Oct 12, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Jaime Garcia traveled to New York to get a second opinion on his injured shoulder, but it sounds like the Cardinals left-hander is no closer to making a decision about potential surgery.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Garcia “may pursue an additional consultation with Dr. James Andrews.”
Meeting with Dr. James Andrews is never good news for a pitcher and according to Strauss Garcia’s recent shoulder injury is different than the shoulder injury that sidelined him for two months earlier this season.
“Nothing’s done yet,” Garcia told Strauss. “I need to think about things some more and talk to my agent. I might decide to get another opinion. Right now, I’m not sure.”
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 143
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39