Oct 12, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Jaime Garcia traveled to New York to get a second opinion on his injured shoulder, but it sounds like the Cardinals left-hander is no closer to making a decision about potential surgery.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Garcia “may pursue an additional consultation with Dr. James Andrews.”
Meeting with Dr. James Andrews is never good news for a pitcher and according to Strauss Garcia’s recent shoulder injury is different than the shoulder injury that sidelined him for two months earlier this season.
“Nothing’s done yet,” Garcia told Strauss. “I need to think about things some more and talk to my agent. I might decide to get another opinion. Right now, I’m not sure.”
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 75
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)