Oct 12, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s the same surgery Chris Carpenter underwent back in July, when it was called “season-ending.” Instead he made it back for September and won a playoff game this week.
None of which guarantees anything regarding Adams’ recovery timetable, but the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training. Adams will be a free agent this offseason, so it’s rough timing for a pitcher who’s been one of baseball’s best relievers for the past five years and, if healthy, would finally be in line for a big payday at age 34.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (237)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)