Oct 12, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s the same surgery Chris Carpenter underwent back in July, when it was called “season-ending.” Instead he made it back for September and won a playoff game this week.
None of which guarantees anything regarding Adams’ recovery timetable, but the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training. Adams will be a free agent this offseason, so it’s rough timing for a pitcher who’s been one of baseball’s best relievers for the past five years and, if healthy, would finally be in line for a big payday at age 34.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)