Oct 12, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s the same surgery Chris Carpenter underwent back in July, when it was called “season-ending.” Instead he made it back for September and won a playoff game this week.
None of which guarantees anything regarding Adams’ recovery timetable, but the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training. Adams will be a free agent this offseason, so it’s rough timing for a pitcher who’s been one of baseball’s best relievers for the past five years and, if healthy, would finally be in line for a big payday at age 34.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 0
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 31
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 25
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)