Oct 12, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
That’s the same surgery Chris Carpenter underwent back in July, when it was called “season-ending.” Instead he made it back for September and won a playoff game this week.
None of which guarantees anything regarding Adams’ recovery timetable, but the hope is that he’ll be ready for spring training. Adams will be a free agent this offseason, so it’s rough timing for a pitcher who’s been one of baseball’s best relievers for the past five years and, if healthy, would finally be in line for a big payday at age 34.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23