Oct 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
I assume that the powers that be at Major League Baseball always want to see the Yankees go far in the playoffs due to television ratings. But that’s old hat by now and goes without saying. No, to the extent the suits are rooting for the Yankees today, it might have every bit as much to do with the weather in Detroit, which looks awful for the weekend:
If the Yankees win, Saturday and Sunday’s games are in New York, where the forecast looks a bit nicer. If Baltimore wins and they play the Tigers, tomorrow night’s opener is particularly ugly. Monday is a travel day, however, and that could be a good time for a makeup if a game gets banged.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)