Oct 12, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
The Nationals won Game 4 of the NLDS against the Cardinals yesterday in thrilling fashion thanks to a walkoff solo home run from Jayson Werth. And Nationals Park is rocking again after one inning tonight.
Werth led off the bottom of the first inning with a double off Adam Wainwright before the scuffling Bryce Harper drove him home with a triple off the center field wall. Ryan Zimmerman then connected on a two-run homer to center field to give the Nationals a 3-0 lead. Three batters, three runs. That’s pretty darn efficient.
Wainwright responded by striking out Adam LaRoche, Michael Morse and Ian Desmond to end the inning, but he has already dug himself an early hole. Meanwhile, Gio Gonzalez has a nice cushion to work with as he heads back to the mound for the top of the second inning.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)