Oct 12, 2012, 9:49 PM EST
The Nationals are pouring it on against the Cardinals in Game 5 of the NLDS.
Bryce Harper led off the top of the bottom of the third inning with a solo home run. After entering tonight’s action 1-for-19 in the series, the 19-year-old phenom has a triple and a homer in his first two at-bats tonight. He’s just the second teenager to homer in a postseason game, joining Andruw Jones (1996).
But the scoring didn’t stop there. Ryan Zimmerman doubled to the right-center field gap and was brought home on a two-run homer by Michael Morse, which chased Adam Wainwright from the ballgame. After scoring nine runs over the first four games of the series, the Nationals hold a 6-0 lead through three innings tonight.
Gio Gonzalez really struggled with his control in Game 1, but he has been spotless so far tonight. It’s still early, but things are looking bleak for the defending World Series champions.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)