Oct 12, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Consistent with what we have seen for most of this series, there hasn’t much offense so far today. The Orioles and Yankees are scoreless through the first four innings in Game 5 of the ALDS in the Bronx.
CC Sabathia was perfect over the first three innings before he gave up a leadoff single to Nate McLouth (who else?) in the top of the fourth. McLouth stole second base with two outs, but the Orioles were unable to cash him in, as Chris Davis flew out for the final out of the inning.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)