Oct 12, 2012, 12:02 AM EDT
The Orioles have a little bit of life left.
J.J. Hardy just delivered an RBI double off David Phelps in the top of the 13th inning to give the Orioles a 2-1 lead over the Yankees. It broke the team’s 0-for-15 streak with runners in scoring position.
Manny Machado got the inning started with an opposite-field double. He moved over to third base on a ground out by Nate McLouth. It might have been a close play if Robinson Cano decided to throw to third base, but he went the safe route to get the out at first. Hardy then followed with the double. The Orioles had the chance for more, but Clay Rapada got Chris Davis to ground out and Derek Lowe retired Adam Jones on a comebacker.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins