Oct 12, 2012, 12:02 AM EDT
The Orioles have a little bit of life left.
J.J. Hardy just delivered an RBI double off David Phelps in the top of the 13th inning to give the Orioles a 2-1 lead over the Yankees. It broke the team’s 0-for-15 streak with runners in scoring position.
Manny Machado got the inning started with an opposite-field double. He moved over to third base on a ground out by Nate McLouth. It might have been a close play if Robinson Cano decided to throw to third base, but he went the safe route to get the out at first. Hardy then followed with the double. The Orioles had the chance for more, but Clay Rapada got Chris Davis to ground out and Derek Lowe retired Adam Jones on a comebacker.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)