Oct 12, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
High Heat Stats reminds us that today is the 15th anniversary of the greatest ump show in the history of ump shows. The day which explains why, every year, Livan Hernandez leaves half of a bottle of cognac and three roses on Eric Gregg’s grave.
The box score. And — though it sickens me to watch it — the video:
I assume Jim Joyce’s strike zone in yesterday’s Cardinals-Nats was as a tribute to it on the eve of this most solemn anniversary.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)