Oct 12, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
High Heat Stats reminds us that today is the 15th anniversary of the greatest ump show in the history of ump shows. The day which explains why, every year, Livan Hernandez leaves half of a bottle of cognac and three roses on Eric Gregg’s grave.
The box score. And — though it sickens me to watch it — the video:
I assume Jim Joyce’s strike zone in yesterday’s Cardinals-Nats was as a tribute to it on the eve of this most solemn anniversary.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11