Oct 13, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Yankees, in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Andy Dirks, LF 7. Nick Swisher, RF 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 9. Gerald Laird, C 9. Russell Martin, C SP Doug Fister, RHP SP Andy Pettitte, LHP
Jim Leyland has seven right-handed batters in his lineup against southpaw Andy Pettitte. Avisail Garcia is playing right field over Quintin Berry while Gerald Laird will start behind the plate rather than Alex Avila. While this is Leyland’s standard lineup against southpaws, the Tigers had a pretty tough time getting anything going against Tommy Milone and Brett Anderson during the ALDS. They’ll hope for more production this time.
As we mentioned earlier, Alex Rodriguez is back in the starting lineup tonight after he was benched for the decisive Game 5 of the ALDS against the Orioles yesterday. However, he’ll slide down to the sixth spot. He batted third in the first three games of the ALDS and fifth in Game 4. Raul Ibanez remains in the DH spot with the right-hander Doug Fister on the hill for the Tigers. Meanwhile, Nick Swisher, Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin all move down a spot in the order.
First pitch is slated for 8:07 p.m. ET. Feel free to discuss the game in the comments section.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)