Oct 13, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The Associated Press passes along tragic news:
The 16-month-old son of Houston Astros catcher Carlos Corporan has died.
Corporan told the team Saturday that Carlos Corporan Jr., had died. The team said he had undergone four heart surgeries since his birth in June 2011.
The team released a statement Saturday offering its condolences to the Corporan family, calling the boy’s battle with serious health issues “an inspiration to so many of us.”
Corporan, 28, batted .269/.310/.449 with four home runs and 13 RBI in 85 plate appearances this season.
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 29
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 56
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings