Oct 13, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
The Associated Press passes along tragic news:
The 16-month-old son of Houston Astros catcher Carlos Corporan has died.
Corporan told the team Saturday that Carlos Corporan Jr., had died. The team said he had undergone four heart surgeries since his birth in June 2011.
The team released a statement Saturday offering its condolences to the Corporan family, calling the boy’s battle with serious health issues “an inspiration to so many of us.”
Corporan, 28, batted .269/.310/.449 with four home runs and 13 RBI in 85 plate appearances this season.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 4
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 20
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 7
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 5
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 80
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (80)