Oct 13, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
The Tigers’ lead in Game 1 of the ALCS just grew.
Delmon Young launched a solo home run to the left field seats at Yankee Stadium with one out in the top of the eighth, pushing Detroit to a 3-0 advantage over New York with the evening growing increasingly late.
The dinger not only provided insurance for the Tigers in this crucial ALCS opener, it also made Young the all-time postseason home run leader in franchise history. (He overtook the great Craig Monroe).
The Tigers will ask their bullpen to nail down the final six outs. The bottom of the eight just began.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8