Oct 13, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
This sets up Matt Cain to start Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis and a possible Game 7 back in San Francisco. Meanwhile, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com believes Tim Lincecum will return from the bullpen to start Game 4.
Bumgarner allowed four runs in 4 1/3 innings in a Game 2 loss to the Reds in the NLDS. Meanwhile, Vogelsong tossed five innings of one-run ball in Game 3.
The Cardinals have yet to announce their rotation for the NLCS, but Lance Lynn is expected to start Game 1 while Chris Carpenter will likely get the ball in Game 2.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)