Oct 13, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
This sets up Matt Cain to start Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis and a possible Game 7 back in San Francisco. Meanwhile, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com believes Tim Lincecum will return from the bullpen to start Game 4.
Bumgarner allowed four runs in 4 1/3 innings in a Game 2 loss to the Reds in the NLDS. Meanwhile, Vogelsong tossed five innings of one-run ball in Game 3.
The Cardinals have yet to announce their rotation for the NLCS, but Lance Lynn is expected to start Game 1 while Chris Carpenter will likely get the ball in Game 2.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)