Oct 13, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
The Giants watched the start of Game 5 between the Cardinals and Nationals gathered in a hotel ballroom in Cincinnati, unsure where their next destination would be. Early on, it sure looked like they would be headed to Washington. Per Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, the team eventually got on a bus and went to the airport to watch the conclusion of the game from the chartered jet on the tarmac. Like all of us, they were in for quite the surprise.
You can bet the Giants were relieved to learn they would be headed to AT&T Park to start the NLCS rather than traveling to Washington, but the Cardinals will be more than happy to ruin the homecoming.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)