Oct 13, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
The Giants watched the start of Game 5 between the Cardinals and Nationals gathered in a hotel ballroom in Cincinnati, unsure where their next destination would be. Early on, it sure looked like they would be headed to Washington. Per Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, the team eventually got on a bus and went to the airport to watch the conclusion of the game from the chartered jet on the tarmac. Like all of us, they were in for quite the surprise.
You can bet the Giants were relieved to learn they would be headed to AT&T Park to start the NLCS rather than traveling to Washington, but the Cardinals will be more than happy to ruin the homecoming.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (260)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)