Oct 13, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
The Giants watched the start of Game 5 between the Cardinals and Nationals gathered in a hotel ballroom in Cincinnati, unsure where their next destination would be. Early on, it sure looked like they would be headed to Washington. Per Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, the team eventually got on a bus and went to the airport to watch the conclusion of the game from the chartered jet on the tarmac. Like all of us, they were in for quite the surprise.
You can bet the Giants were relieved to learn they would be headed to AT&T Park to start the NLCS rather than traveling to Washington, but the Cardinals will be more than happy to ruin the homecoming.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)