Oct 13, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
The Giants watched the start of Game 5 between the Cardinals and Nationals gathered in a hotel ballroom in Cincinnati, unsure where their next destination would be. Early on, it sure looked like they would be headed to Washington. Per Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, the team eventually got on a bus and went to the airport to watch the conclusion of the game from the chartered jet on the tarmac. Like all of us, they were in for quite the surprise.
You can bet the Giants were relieved to learn they would be headed to AT&T Park to start the NLCS rather than traveling to Washington, but the Cardinals will be more than happy to ruin the homecoming.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)