Oct 13, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
The Giants watched the start of Game 5 between the Cardinals and Nationals gathered in a hotel ballroom in Cincinnati, unsure where their next destination would be. Early on, it sure looked like they would be headed to Washington. Per Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, the team eventually got on a bus and went to the airport to watch the conclusion of the game from the chartered jet on the tarmac. Like all of us, they were in for quite the surprise.
You can bet the Giants were relieved to learn they would be headed to AT&T Park to start the NLCS rather than traveling to Washington, but the Cardinals will be more than happy to ruin the homecoming.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)