Oct 13, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
The Tigers have suddenly jumped out to a 2-0 lead in this ALCS Game 1 Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
Austin Jackson opened the top of the sixth inning with a triple into the nook of seats along the first base line then scored when Prince Fielder singled following an intentional walk of Miguel Cabrera.
In the next at-bat Delmon Young punched a single to shallow right, scoring Cabrera easily from second.
Tigers right-hander Doug Fister experienced serious command issues in his first two frames and ran into some trouble in the bottom of the sixth, but he fanned Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin to escape that particular threat.
The top of the seventh inning is just about to get underway at Yankee Stadium. Detroit is batting.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)