Oct 13, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
The Tigers have suddenly jumped out to a 2-0 lead in this ALCS Game 1 Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
Austin Jackson opened the top of the sixth inning with a triple into the nook of seats along the first base line then scored when Prince Fielder singled following an intentional walk of Miguel Cabrera.
In the next at-bat Delmon Young punched a single to shallow right, scoring Cabrera easily from second.
Tigers right-hander Doug Fister experienced serious command issues in his first two frames and ran into some trouble in the bottom of the sixth, but he fanned Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin to escape that particular threat.
The top of the seventh inning is just about to get underway at Yankee Stadium. Detroit is batting.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 2
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 37
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)