Oct 13, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
The Tigers have suddenly jumped out to a 2-0 lead in this ALCS Game 1 Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
Austin Jackson opened the top of the sixth inning with a triple into the nook of seats along the first base line then scored when Prince Fielder singled following an intentional walk of Miguel Cabrera.
In the next at-bat Delmon Young punched a single to shallow right, scoring Cabrera easily from second.
Tigers right-hander Doug Fister experienced serious command issues in his first two frames and ran into some trouble in the bottom of the sixth, but he fanned Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin to escape that particular threat.
The top of the seventh inning is just about to get underway at Yankee Stadium. Detroit is batting.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)