Oct 13, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
The Tigers have suddenly jumped out to a 2-0 lead in this ALCS Game 1 Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
Austin Jackson opened the top of the sixth inning with a triple into the nook of seats along the first base line then scored when Prince Fielder singled following an intentional walk of Miguel Cabrera.
In the next at-bat Delmon Young punched a single to shallow right, scoring Cabrera easily from second.
Tigers right-hander Doug Fister experienced serious command issues in his first two frames and ran into some trouble in the bottom of the sixth, but he fanned Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Russell Martin to escape that particular threat.
The top of the seventh inning is just about to get underway at Yankee Stadium. Detroit is batting.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him