Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
The Yankees just announced their roster for the ALCS against the Tigers. And yes, Alex Rodriguez is on it.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, infielder Eduardo Nunez has been left off the roster while right-hander Cody Eppley has been added. The Yankees had 11 pitchers and 14 position players for the ALDS against the Orioles, but they’ll go with 12 pitchers this time around.
Andy Pettitte will oppose Doug Fister in Game 1 of the series tonight, but Joe Girardi has yet to announce any plans beyond that. However, carrying Eppley is a possible indication that David Phelps will start Game 2 tomorrow. The alternative would be to use Hiroki Kuroda on short rest.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (113)