Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
The Yankees just announced their roster for the ALCS against the Tigers. And yes, Alex Rodriguez is on it.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, infielder Eduardo Nunez has been left off the roster while right-hander Cody Eppley has been added. The Yankees had 11 pitchers and 14 position players for the ALDS against the Orioles, but they’ll go with 12 pitchers this time around.
Andy Pettitte will oppose Doug Fister in Game 1 of the series tonight, but Joe Girardi has yet to announce any plans beyond that. However, carrying Eppley is a possible indication that David Phelps will start Game 2 tomorrow. The alternative would be to use Hiroki Kuroda on short rest.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)