Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
The Yankees just announced their roster for the ALCS against the Tigers. And yes, Alex Rodriguez is on it.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, infielder Eduardo Nunez has been left off the roster while right-hander Cody Eppley has been added. The Yankees had 11 pitchers and 14 position players for the ALDS against the Orioles, but they’ll go with 12 pitchers this time around.
Andy Pettitte will oppose Doug Fister in Game 1 of the series tonight, but Joe Girardi has yet to announce any plans beyond that. However, carrying Eppley is a possible indication that David Phelps will start Game 2 tomorrow. The alternative would be to use Hiroki Kuroda on short rest.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)