Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
The Yankees just announced their roster for the ALCS against the Tigers. And yes, Alex Rodriguez is on it.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, infielder Eduardo Nunez has been left off the roster while right-hander Cody Eppley has been added. The Yankees had 11 pitchers and 14 position players for the ALDS against the Orioles, but they’ll go with 12 pitchers this time around.
Andy Pettitte will oppose Doug Fister in Game 1 of the series tonight, but Joe Girardi has yet to announce any plans beyond that. However, carrying Eppley is a possible indication that David Phelps will start Game 2 tomorrow. The alternative would be to use Hiroki Kuroda on short rest.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17