Oct 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS, set for a 4:00 p.m. ET first pitch in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Nick Swisher, RF 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Jayson Nix, SS SP Anibal Sanchez, RH SP Hiroki Kuroda, RH
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his customary lineup against right-handed pitching, which means Avisail Garcia will open on the bench and Berry will get the start in left field. Dirks is in right.
For the Yankees — playing in their first postseason game without Derek Jeter since 1995 — there are quite a few lineup changes. Ichiro jumps up to the leadoff spot and Martin gets bumped to fifth. Ibanez bats cleanup. Nix is expected to start in Jeter’s place at shortstop for the remainder of the 2012 postseason.
The game will be broadcast on TBS. Consider this post an open thread.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)