Oct 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS, set for a 4:00 p.m. ET first pitch in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Nick Swisher, RF 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Jayson Nix, SS SP Anibal Sanchez, RH SP Hiroki Kuroda, RH
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his customary lineup against right-handed pitching, which means Avisail Garcia will open on the bench and Berry will get the start in left field. Dirks is in right.
For the Yankees — playing in their first postseason game without Derek Jeter since 1995 — there are quite a few lineup changes. Ichiro jumps up to the leadoff spot and Martin gets bumped to fifth. Ibanez bats cleanup. Nix is expected to start in Jeter’s place at shortstop for the remainder of the 2012 postseason.
The game will be broadcast on TBS. Consider this post an open thread.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires