Oct 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS, set for a 4:00 p.m. ET first pitch in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Nick Swisher, RF 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Jayson Nix, SS SP Anibal Sanchez, RH SP Hiroki Kuroda, RH
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his customary lineup against right-handed pitching, which means Avisail Garcia will open on the bench and Berry will get the start in left field. Dirks is in right.
For the Yankees — playing in their first postseason game without Derek Jeter since 1995 — there are quite a few lineup changes. Ichiro jumps up to the leadoff spot and Martin gets bumped to fifth. Ibanez bats cleanup. Nix is expected to start in Jeter’s place at shortstop for the remainder of the 2012 postseason.
The game will be broadcast on TBS. Consider this post an open thread.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 1
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 32
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)