Oct 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS, set for a 4:00 p.m. ET first pitch in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Nick Swisher, RF 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Jayson Nix, SS SP Anibal Sanchez, RH SP Hiroki Kuroda, RH
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his customary lineup against right-handed pitching, which means Avisail Garcia will open on the bench and Berry will get the start in left field. Dirks is in right.
For the Yankees — playing in their first postseason game without Derek Jeter since 1995 — there are quite a few lineup changes. Ichiro jumps up to the leadoff spot and Martin gets bumped to fifth. Ibanez bats cleanup. Nix is expected to start in Jeter’s place at shortstop for the remainder of the 2012 postseason.
The game will be broadcast on TBS. Consider this post an open thread.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 0
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 20
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)