Oct 14, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS, set for a 4:00 p.m. ET first pitch in New York:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 2. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 5. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 6. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. Nick Swisher, RF 9. Omar Infante, 2B 9. Jayson Nix, SS SP Anibal Sanchez, RH SP Hiroki Kuroda, RH
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his customary lineup against right-handed pitching, which means Avisail Garcia will open on the bench and Berry will get the start in left field. Dirks is in right.
For the Yankees — playing in their first postseason game without Derek Jeter since 1995 — there are quite a few lineup changes. Ichiro jumps up to the leadoff spot and Martin gets bumped to fifth. Ibanez bats cleanup. Nix is expected to start in Jeter’s place at shortstop for the remainder of the 2012 postseason.
The game will be broadcast on TBS. Consider this post an open thread.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15