Oct 14, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com provides the update:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter will not travel with the team when the American League Championship Series shifts to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3.
Jeter had an MRI and CT scan on Sunday that confirmed the initial diagnosis of a left ankle fracture. He is in a splint and crutches, the Yankees said, and will be sent to see foot and ankle specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C.
Dr. Anderson will let Jeter know whether a surgical procedure can expedite his recovery from the ankle fracture. As of this moment, the veteran shortstop is looking at a three-month period of rest and rehab.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (137)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)