Oct 14, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com provides the update:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter will not travel with the team when the American League Championship Series shifts to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3.
Jeter had an MRI and CT scan on Sunday that confirmed the initial diagnosis of a left ankle fracture. He is in a splint and crutches, the Yankees said, and will be sent to see foot and ankle specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C.
Dr. Anderson will let Jeter know whether a surgical procedure can expedite his recovery from the ankle fracture. As of this moment, the veteran shortstop is looking at a three-month period of rest and rehab.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47