Oct 14, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com provides the update:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter will not travel with the team when the American League Championship Series shifts to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3.
Jeter had an MRI and CT scan on Sunday that confirmed the initial diagnosis of a left ankle fracture. He is in a splint and crutches, the Yankees said, and will be sent to see foot and ankle specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C.
Dr. Anderson will let Jeter know whether a surgical procedure can expedite his recovery from the ankle fracture. As of this moment, the veteran shortstop is looking at a three-month period of rest and rehab.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 13
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 22
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)