Oct 14, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com provides the update:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter will not travel with the team when the American League Championship Series shifts to Detroit’s Comerica Park for Game 3.
Jeter had an MRI and CT scan on Sunday that confirmed the initial diagnosis of a left ankle fracture. He is in a splint and crutches, the Yankees said, and will be sent to see foot and ankle specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C.
Dr. Anderson will let Jeter know whether a surgical procedure can expedite his recovery from the ankle fracture. As of this moment, the veteran shortstop is looking at a three-month period of rest and rehab.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)