Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 PM EDT
After going down 6-0 to the Cardinals in the top of the fourth, the Giants came right back and knocked Lance Lynn out of the game in the bottom of the inning, closing to within 6-4. However, they’ve been unable to make up any additional ground the last two innings, leaving them with a two-run deficit with three innings to go.
With Madison Bumgarner out early, the Giants called on Tim Lincecum to pitch two innings tonight, and he was terrific. However, he was pulled for a pinch-hitter after 24 pitches. Jeremy Affeldt, who suffered a wrist injury in the dugout during Game 5 against the Reds, replaced him for the top of the seventh.
The Cardinals have also gotten good work from their bullpen so far, with Joe Kelly and Trevor Rosenthal pitching scoreless innings. Rosenthal was pulled after his hitless frame, so the Cardinals will be looking for one inning apiece from Edward Mujica, Mitchell Boggs and Jason Motte to close it out.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)