Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 PM EST
After going down 6-0 to the Cardinals in the top of the fourth, the Giants came right back and knocked Lance Lynn out of the game in the bottom of the inning, closing to within 6-4. However, they’ve been unable to make up any additional ground the last two innings, leaving them with a two-run deficit with three innings to go.
With Madison Bumgarner out early, the Giants called on Tim Lincecum to pitch two innings tonight, and he was terrific. However, he was pulled for a pinch-hitter after 24 pitches. Jeremy Affeldt, who suffered a wrist injury in the dugout during Game 5 against the Reds, replaced him for the top of the seventh.
The Cardinals have also gotten good work from their bullpen so far, with Joe Kelly and Trevor Rosenthal pitching scoreless innings. Rosenthal was pulled after his hitless frame, so the Cardinals will be looking for one inning apiece from Edward Mujica, Mitchell Boggs and Jason Motte to close it out.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)