Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 PM EDT
After going down 6-0 to the Cardinals in the top of the fourth, the Giants came right back and knocked Lance Lynn out of the game in the bottom of the inning, closing to within 6-4. However, they’ve been unable to make up any additional ground the last two innings, leaving them with a two-run deficit with three innings to go.
With Madison Bumgarner out early, the Giants called on Tim Lincecum to pitch two innings tonight, and he was terrific. However, he was pulled for a pinch-hitter after 24 pitches. Jeremy Affeldt, who suffered a wrist injury in the dugout during Game 5 against the Reds, replaced him for the top of the seventh.
The Cardinals have also gotten good work from their bullpen so far, with Joe Kelly and Trevor Rosenthal pitching scoreless innings. Rosenthal was pulled after his hitless frame, so the Cardinals will be looking for one inning apiece from Edward Mujica, Mitchell Boggs and Jason Motte to close it out.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 52
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)