Oct 14, 2012, 9:39 PM EST
If the Giants are going to prevail tonight, they’ll have to duplicate the Cardinals’ comeback from Game 5 of the NLDS.
Freese’s two-run homer was the only scoring through three innings, but the Cardinals added to their lead on back-to-back doubles from Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma in the fourth. Madison Bumgarner rebounded from there to fan opposing starter Lance Lynn and get ahead of Jon Jay 0-2. However, Jay dropped an RBI single into center field and Beltran followed with a two-run blast to make it 6-0.
That was it for Bumgarner, who gave up at least four runs for the seventh time in his last nine starts.
Meanwhile, Lynn is through three scoreless innings as of this writing. The 18-game winner, who entered the postseason in the pen, is starting tonight as a result of Jaime Garcia‘s shoulder injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)