Oct 14, 2012, 9:39 PM EDT
If the Giants are going to prevail tonight, they’ll have to duplicate the Cardinals’ comeback from Game 5 of the NLDS.
Freese’s two-run homer was the only scoring through three innings, but the Cardinals added to their lead on back-to-back doubles from Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma in the fourth. Madison Bumgarner rebounded from there to fan opposing starter Lance Lynn and get ahead of Jon Jay 0-2. However, Jay dropped an RBI single into center field and Beltran followed with a two-run blast to make it 6-0.
That was it for Bumgarner, who gave up at least four runs for the seventh time in his last nine starts.
Meanwhile, Lynn is through three scoreless innings as of this writing. The 18-game winner, who entered the postseason in the pen, is starting tonight as a result of Jaime Garcia‘s shoulder injury.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)