Oct 14, 2012, 9:39 PM EDT
If the Giants are going to prevail tonight, they’ll have to duplicate the Cardinals’ comeback from Game 5 of the NLDS.
Freese’s two-run homer was the only scoring through three innings, but the Cardinals added to their lead on back-to-back doubles from Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma in the fourth. Madison Bumgarner rebounded from there to fan opposing starter Lance Lynn and get ahead of Jon Jay 0-2. However, Jay dropped an RBI single into center field and Beltran followed with a two-run blast to make it 6-0.
That was it for Bumgarner, who gave up at least four runs for the seventh time in his last nine starts.
Meanwhile, Lynn is through three scoreless innings as of this writing. The 18-game winner, who entered the postseason in the pen, is starting tonight as a result of Jaime Garcia‘s shoulder injury.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?