Oct 14, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for NLCS Game 1 between the Giants and Cardinals. First pitch is 8:00 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Lance Lynn, RHP 9. Madison Bumgarner, LHP
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny used this exact batting order throughout the NLDS against the Nationals and probably won’t make a lineup change the rest of the way unless there’s a sudden injury.
Giants skipper Bruce Bochy is also sticking to the basics. This game will be broadcast on FOX.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)