Oct 14, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for NLCS Game 1 between the Giants and Cardinals. First pitch is 8:00 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Lance Lynn, RHP 9. Madison Bumgarner, LHP
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny used this exact batting order throughout the NLDS against the Nationals and probably won’t make a lineup change the rest of the way unless there’s a sudden injury.
Giants skipper Bruce Bochy is also sticking to the basics. This game will be broadcast on FOX.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69