Oct 14, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for NLCS Game 1 between the Giants and Cardinals. First pitch is 8:00 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Jon Jay, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Allen Craig, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Yadier Molina, C 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Pete Kozma, SS 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Lance Lynn, RHP 9. Madison Bumgarner, LHP
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny used this exact batting order throughout the NLDS against the Nationals and probably won’t make a lineup change the rest of the way unless there’s a sudden injury.
Giants skipper Bruce Bochy is also sticking to the basics. This game will be broadcast on FOX.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)