Oct 14, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Giants first base coach Roberto Kelly suffered a concussion on Saturday afternoon when he was struck in the back of the head with a ball during batting practice. He is expected to make a complete recovery, but doctors have advised him to rest up for the next couple of days and he’s going to cooperate.
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Joe Lefebvre has been asked to coach first base in NLCS Games 1 and 2 against the Cardinals. Kelly will be reevaluated Tuesday before a decision is made about his status for Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis.
Lefebvre worked this season as a senior scouting advisor for the Giants, but he has experience in a wide range of coaching roles. Kelly’s absence is doubtful to be a factor at all over these next two nights.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)