Oct 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press baseball and softball have joined forces in an attempt to become Olympic sports again.
Both sports were removed from the Olympics after 2008 and if they’re added back it wouldn’t be until 2020.
Apparently their joint bid, which will be presented officially in December, revolves around an abbreviated tournament and the hopes that actual MLB players would somehow participate. Good luck with that last part.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)