Oct 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
According to the Associated Press baseball and softball have joined forces in an attempt to become Olympic sports again.
Both sports were removed from the Olympics after 2008 and if they’re added back it wouldn’t be until 2020.
Apparently their joint bid, which will be presented officially in December, revolves around an abbreviated tournament and the hopes that actual MLB players would somehow participate. Good luck with that last part.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)