Oct 15, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter — yes, Chris Carpenter — followed by doubling into the left-center field gap to score Kozma and tie the game at 1-1.
Carpenter went 2-for-3 with a double during his start in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Nationals, so he now has as many hits (three) as teammate Yadier Molina this postseason. Oh, and as long as we’re having fun here, he also has as many hits Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson. Robinson Cano only has two hits. Baseball is weird.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)