Oct 15, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter — yes, Chris Carpenter — followed by doubling into the left-center field gap to score Kozma and tie the game at 1-1.
Carpenter went 2-for-3 with a double during his start in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Nationals, so he now has as many hits (three) as teammate Yadier Molina this postseason. Oh, and as long as we’re having fun here, he also has as many hits Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson. Robinson Cano only has two hits. Baseball is weird.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8