Oct 15, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter — yes, Chris Carpenter — followed by doubling into the left-center field gap to score Kozma and tie the game at 1-1.
Carpenter went 2-for-3 with a double during his start in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Nationals, so he now has as many hits (three) as teammate Yadier Molina this postseason. Oh, and as long as we’re having fun here, he also has as many hits Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson. Robinson Cano only has two hits. Baseball is weird.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 35
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)