Oct 15, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
Chris Carpenter — yes, Chris Carpenter — followed by doubling into the left-center field gap to score Kozma and tie the game at 1-1.
Carpenter went 2-for-3 with a double during his start in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Nationals, so he now has as many hits (three) as teammate Yadier Molina this postseason. Oh, and as long as we’re having fun here, he also has as many hits Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson. Robinson Cano only has two hits. Baseball is weird.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86