Oct 15, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
Marco Scutaro just exacted a bit of a revenge en route to giving the Giants a 5-1 lead over the Cardinals in Game 2 of the NLCS.
After being taken out at second base by Matt Holliday in the top of the first inning, Scutaro pulled a bases-loaded, two-out single into left field in the bottom of the fourth to bring home three runs. And wouldn’t you know it, Holliday booted the ball to allow Angel Pagan to score all the way from first base. That’s some delicious baseball justice right there. Scutaro was credited with two RBI while Holliday was given an error.
Mike Matheny sent Skip Schumaker up as a pinch-hitter to begin the fifth inning, so Carpenter is done for the night. Only two of the five runs he gave up were earned. Ryan Vogelsong worked around a two-out double by Carlos Beltran to work a scoreless fifth. He’s three outs away from becoming the first Giants’ pitcher to last six innings this postseason.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner