Oct 15, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
The Giants’ Tim Lincecum said he was ready to pitch in relief tonight after throwing two scoreless innings in Sunday’s Game 1 against the Cardinals. However, it appears to be manager Bruce Bochy’s strong preference to reserve him for the Game 4 start, according to CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly.
“We’d like to have that option if we decide to go that way,” Bochy said. “We’ll do all we can to win this one. And we also have Barry Zito if we use Timmy.”
Of course, Zito could still get his start later on. Bochy appears to be weighing using him over the struggling Madison Bumgarner in Game 5.
Asked if he would pick Zito over Bumgarner, Bochy hedged, saying that “it’s still a decision.”
If Lincecum gets the start in Thursday’s Game 4, it would be his first since Sept. 30. He’s allowed one run in 8 1/3 innings during his three postseason relief appearances.
May 26, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Walking Mike Trout, running Bartolo Colon. Today’s ATH has everything.
May 25, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
After signing a one-year, $3 million deal with the Braves, Callaspo is batting just .206 with one home run and a .545 OPS over 123 plate appearances this season.
May 25, 2015, 10:19 PM EDT
D’Arnaud has been sidelined since April 19 due to a fractured right pinkie finger.
May 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
We usually post videos of Giancarlo Stanton hitting long home runs because he has a penchant for doing that on a regular basis and it’s a lot of fun to marvel over them. However, he can also get it done with the glove.
May 25, 2015, 8:14 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista hasn’t been able to play in the field since April 21 due a nagging shoulder injury, but he hopes to change that soon.
May 25, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Khris Davis hit two home runs today against the Giants, but he nearly had one of them taken away for not touching home plate.
May 25, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Brewers manager Craig Counsell said today that right-hander Wily Peralta will miss at least four weeks with an oblique strain.
May 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
When I think solemn remembrance of the military dead, I definitely think John Kruk and Curt Schilling in weird jerseys.
May 25, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Dodgers fans have been through this before, but hope is hope.
May 25, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Loney was hitting .275 with two homers and a .698 OPS in 30 games.
May 25, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
He thinks it’s silly that guys are risking 8-10 game suspensions for doing something everyone does and everyone thinks is sensible.
May 25, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Ishikawa started (out of position in left field) for the Giants during last year’s World Series-winning playoff run.
May 25, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Doolittle is coming back from a partially torn rotator cuff.
May 25, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Last time he started in left field and batted fifth for the Rangers? July 27, 2010.
May 25, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
It might be too little too late for the A’s considering their 16-30 record.
May 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The world of illlllluuuuuusion
May 25, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Playing through the injury did not work at all.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia ran Mike Napoli out of Anaheim. Napoli has beaten the hell out of the Angels ever since.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)