Oct 15, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Some of us may be lamenting the lack of fresh faces in the LCS, but the old reliable warhorses from New York, Detroit, St. Louis and San Francisco are drawing the ratings in the LCS so far. Through the first three games:
Through the first two days of LCS coverage, FOX and TBS are averaging 6.3 million viewers, a +39% increase over the corresponding days in 2011, according to data from Nielsen … NLCS Game One drew a 41.5 rating in St. Louis, the best rating for a non-elimination LCS game on record (since at least 1998).
Good for Fox, TBS and the folks in St. Louis if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 49
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15