Oct 15, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
Some of us may be lamenting the lack of fresh faces in the LCS, but the old reliable warhorses from New York, Detroit, St. Louis and San Francisco are drawing the ratings in the LCS so far. Through the first three games:
Through the first two days of LCS coverage, FOX and TBS are averaging 6.3 million viewers, a +39% increase over the corresponding days in 2011, according to data from Nielsen … NLCS Game One drew a 41.5 rating in St. Louis, the best rating for a non-elimination LCS game on record (since at least 1998).
Good for Fox, TBS and the folks in St. Louis if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)