Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Scutaro was taken to the hospital for an MRI.
11:46 PM: According to Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said X-rays came back negative. However, he’s still pretty sore and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
“I really think they got away with an illegal slide. It’s a shame somebody got hurt because of this.”
The Giants didn’t throw at Holliday during the game, but winning is the best revenge, isn’t it? Still, this probably isn’t the last we have heard of this issue, especially if Scutaro misses Game 3.
Here’s video of the slide in question:
10:11 PM ET: Marco Scutaro is 2-for-3 with a pair of RBI in Game 2 of the NLCS tonight, but he’s apparently still feeling the effects from Matt Holliday’s violent takeout slide in the top of the first inning.
Scutaro was replaced by Ryan Theriot at second base to begin the top of the sixth inning. No word yet on the exact nature or severity of the injury, but he could be seen pointing at his left leg while in the dugout.
Scutaro has been one of the Giants’ most important contributors since coming over from the Rockies in late-July, so it would really hurt if he needs to miss some time.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)