Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Scutaro was taken to the hospital for an MRI.
11:46 PM: According to Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said X-rays came back negative. However, he’s still pretty sore and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
“I really think they got away with an illegal slide. It’s a shame somebody got hurt because of this.”
The Giants didn’t throw at Holliday during the game, but winning is the best revenge, isn’t it? Still, this probably isn’t the last we have heard of this issue, especially if Scutaro misses Game 3.
Here’s video of the slide in question:
10:11 PM ET: Marco Scutaro is 2-for-3 with a pair of RBI in Game 2 of the NLCS tonight, but he’s apparently still feeling the effects from Matt Holliday’s violent takeout slide in the top of the first inning.
Scutaro was replaced by Ryan Theriot at second base to begin the top of the sixth inning. No word yet on the exact nature or severity of the injury, but he could be seen pointing at his left leg while in the dugout.
Scutaro has been one of the Giants’ most important contributors since coming over from the Rockies in late-July, so it would really hurt if he needs to miss some time.
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 8
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)