Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 PM EST
UPDATE: Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Scutaro was taken to the hospital for an MRI.
11:46 PM: According to Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said X-rays came back negative. However, he’s still pretty sore and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
“I really think they got away with an illegal slide. It’s a shame somebody got hurt because of this.”
The Giants didn’t throw at Holliday during the game, but winning is the best revenge, isn’t it? Still, this probably isn’t the last we have heard of this issue, especially if Scutaro misses Game 3.
Here’s video of the slide in question:
10:11 PM ET: Marco Scutaro is 2-for-3 with a pair of RBI in Game 2 of the NLCS tonight, but he’s apparently still feeling the effects from Matt Holliday’s violent takeout slide in the top of the first inning.
Scutaro was replaced by Ryan Theriot at second base to begin the top of the sixth inning. No word yet on the exact nature or severity of the injury, but he could be seen pointing at his left leg while in the dugout.
Scutaro has been one of the Giants’ most important contributors since coming over from the Rockies in late-July, so it would really hurt if he needs to miss some time.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 30
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 83
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)