Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Scutaro was taken to the hospital for an MRI.
11:46 PM: According to Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said X-rays came back negative. However, he’s still pretty sore and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
“I really think they got away with an illegal slide. It’s a shame somebody got hurt because of this.”
The Giants didn’t throw at Holliday during the game, but winning is the best revenge, isn’t it? Still, this probably isn’t the last we have heard of this issue, especially if Scutaro misses Game 3.
Here’s video of the slide in question:
10:11 PM ET: Marco Scutaro is 2-for-3 with a pair of RBI in Game 2 of the NLCS tonight, but he’s apparently still feeling the effects from Matt Holliday’s violent takeout slide in the top of the first inning.
Scutaro was replaced by Ryan Theriot at second base to begin the top of the sixth inning. No word yet on the exact nature or severity of the injury, but he could be seen pointing at his left leg while in the dugout.
Scutaro has been one of the Giants’ most important contributors since coming over from the Rockies in late-July, so it would really hurt if he needs to miss some time.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games