Oct 15, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI reports two more names in the Red Sox managerial search: Yankees bench coach Tony Pena and Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale.
Pena used to be the Royals manager, of course, once winning manager of the year which is kinda nuts because that weird 2003 Royals season sorta feels like it never happened. Or at least shouldn’t have happened. Hale, for his part, was a longt-time minor league manager in the Sox system before becoming their third base coach and bench coach under Terry Francona.
Pena is to interview today, on the Yankees’ offday in the ALCS. Hale will interview some time later this week. As previously reported, both Tim Wallach and Brad Ausmus are already in the running.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy