Oct 15, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI reports two more names in the Red Sox managerial search: Yankees bench coach Tony Pena and Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale.
Pena used to be the Royals manager, of course, once winning manager of the year which is kinda nuts because that weird 2003 Royals season sorta feels like it never happened. Or at least shouldn’t have happened. Hale, for his part, was a longt-time minor league manager in the Sox system before becoming their third base coach and bench coach under Terry Francona.
Pena is to interview today, on the Yankees’ offday in the ALCS. Hale will interview some time later this week. As previously reported, both Tim Wallach and Brad Ausmus are already in the running.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)