Oct 15, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI reports two more names in the Red Sox managerial search: Yankees bench coach Tony Pena and Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale.
Pena used to be the Royals manager, of course, once winning manager of the year which is kinda nuts because that weird 2003 Royals season sorta feels like it never happened. Or at least shouldn’t have happened. Hale, for his part, was a longt-time minor league manager in the Sox system before becoming their third base coach and bench coach under Terry Francona.
Pena is to interview today, on the Yankees’ offday in the ALCS. Hale will interview some time later this week. As previously reported, both Tim Wallach and Brad Ausmus are already in the running.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)