Oct 15, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Rob Bradford of WEEI reports two more names in the Red Sox managerial search: Yankees bench coach Tony Pena and Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale.
Pena used to be the Royals manager, of course, once winning manager of the year which is kinda nuts because that weird 2003 Royals season sorta feels like it never happened. Or at least shouldn’t have happened. Hale, for his part, was a longt-time minor league manager in the Sox system before becoming their third base coach and bench coach under Terry Francona.
Pena is to interview today, on the Yankees’ offday in the ALCS. Hale will interview some time later this week. As previously reported, both Tim Wallach and Brad Ausmus are already in the running.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)