Oct 15, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Gentlemen, mark your calendars so you can properly schedule your outrage: the Baseball Writers Association of America has announced the dates on which it will announce its awards:
Monday, Nov. 12: AL and NL Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year Awards.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: AL and NL Managers of the Year.
Wednesday, Nov. 14: AL and NL Cy Young Awards.
Thursday, Nov. 15: AL and NL MVP Awards.
MLB Network will have hour-long specials each of those days leading up to the 4PM Eastern time announcements. Then Twitter will explode and everyone will copy and paste their arguments from September. It’ll be great fun!
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)