Oct 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced this afternoon that ticket prices at Fenway Park — already the highest in the majors — will not go up for 2013 … The freeze applies to season tickets and individual game sales. The Red Sox have not raised prices since 2011.
Team president Larry Lucchino noted in the release that the team has “fallen short of [its] goals to play postseason baseball,” and thus no ticket price increase was warranted. Put differently, he knows that people would scream bloody murder if they went up.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 17
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 39
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 103
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (103)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)