Oct 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced this afternoon that ticket prices at Fenway Park — already the highest in the majors — will not go up for 2013 … The freeze applies to season tickets and individual game sales. The Red Sox have not raised prices since 2011.
Team president Larry Lucchino noted in the release that the team has “fallen short of [its] goals to play postseason baseball,” and thus no ticket price increase was warranted. Put differently, he knows that people would scream bloody murder if they went up.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)