Oct 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced this afternoon that ticket prices at Fenway Park — already the highest in the majors — will not go up for 2013 … The freeze applies to season tickets and individual game sales. The Red Sox have not raised prices since 2011.
Team president Larry Lucchino noted in the release that the team has “fallen short of [its] goals to play postseason baseball,” and thus no ticket price increase was warranted. Put differently, he knows that people would scream bloody murder if they went up.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11