Oct 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced this afternoon that ticket prices at Fenway Park — already the highest in the majors — will not go up for 2013 … The freeze applies to season tickets and individual game sales. The Red Sox have not raised prices since 2011.
Team president Larry Lucchino noted in the release that the team has “fallen short of [its] goals to play postseason baseball,” and thus no ticket price increase was warranted. Put differently, he knows that people would scream bloody murder if they went up.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 1
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)