Oct 15, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced this afternoon that ticket prices at Fenway Park — already the highest in the majors — will not go up for 2013 … The freeze applies to season tickets and individual game sales. The Red Sox have not raised prices since 2011.
Team president Larry Lucchino noted in the release that the team has “fallen short of [its] goals to play postseason baseball,” and thus no ticket price increase was warranted. Put differently, he knows that people would scream bloody murder if they went up.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39