Oct 16, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Brett Gardner, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Ichiro Suzuki, RF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Eric Chavez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Phil Hughes, SP SP Justin Verlander, RH
Joe Girardi has shaken up the Yankees’ lineup yet again. Alex Rodriguez is benched in favor of Eric Chavez, Eduardo Nunez takes over for Jayson Nix as Derek Jeter‘s replacement, and Brett Gardner draws the leadoff assignment while pushing Nick Swisher to the bench. Robinson Cano, despite his struggles, is hitting cleanup. That’s a helluva group to trot out versus Justin Verlander, although it’s not like Girardi has a ton of appealing options right now.
Jim Leyland is sticking with his standard lineup against right-handers after Detroit scored three runs off Hiroki Kuroda in Game 2.
The first pitch is scheduled for 8:00 ET, so feel free to hang out in the comments section.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 33
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (87)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)