Oct 16, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Brett Gardner, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Ichiro Suzuki, RF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Eric Chavez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Phil Hughes, SP SP Justin Verlander, RH
Joe Girardi has shaken up the Yankees’ lineup yet again. Alex Rodriguez is benched in favor of Eric Chavez, Eduardo Nunez takes over for Jayson Nix as Derek Jeter‘s replacement, and Brett Gardner draws the leadoff assignment while pushing Nick Swisher to the bench. Robinson Cano, despite his struggles, is hitting cleanup. That’s a helluva group to trot out versus Justin Verlander, although it’s not like Girardi has a ton of appealing options right now.
Jim Leyland is sticking with his standard lineup against right-handers after Detroit scored three runs off Hiroki Kuroda in Game 2.
The first pitch is scheduled for 8:00 ET, so feel free to hang out in the comments section.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 20
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)