Oct 16, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Brett Gardner, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Ichiro Suzuki, RF 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Russell Martin, C 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Eric Chavez, 3B 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Phil Hughes, SP SP Justin Verlander, RH
Joe Girardi has shaken up the Yankees’ lineup yet again. Alex Rodriguez is benched in favor of Eric Chavez, Eduardo Nunez takes over for Jayson Nix as Derek Jeter‘s replacement, and Brett Gardner draws the leadoff assignment while pushing Nick Swisher to the bench. Robinson Cano, despite his struggles, is hitting cleanup. That’s a helluva group to trot out versus Justin Verlander, although it’s not like Girardi has a ton of appealing options right now.
Jim Leyland is sticking with his standard lineup against right-handers after Detroit scored three runs off Hiroki Kuroda in Game 2.
The first pitch is scheduled for 8:00 ET, so feel free to hang out in the comments section.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)