Oct 16, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Giants ace Matt Cain said on the FOX broadcast of NLCS Game 2 that he felt Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide into the left knee of Marco Scutaro was “late.” Cain will start in Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis, and may or may not have retaliation on his mind.
This comes via CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly:
Cain said he won’t be timid about throwing inside to Holliday, but only as part of plan to get him out. “If one gets away, one gets away.”
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) October 16, 2012
Scutaro has been diagnosed with a hip muscle strain and will be a game-time decision on Wednesday.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)