Oct 16, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Giants ace Matt Cain said on the FOX broadcast of NLCS Game 2 that he felt Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide into the left knee of Marco Scutaro was “late.” Cain will start in Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis, and may or may not have retaliation on his mind.
This comes via CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly:
Cain said he won’t be timid about throwing inside to Holliday, but only as part of plan to get him out. “If one gets away, one gets away.”
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) October 16, 2012
Scutaro has been diagnosed with a hip muscle strain and will be a game-time decision on Wednesday.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 65
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)