Oct 16, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Giants ace Matt Cain said on the FOX broadcast of NLCS Game 2 that he felt Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide into the left knee of Marco Scutaro was “late.” Cain will start in Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis, and may or may not have retaliation on his mind.
This comes via CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly:
Cain said he won’t be timid about throwing inside to Holliday, but only as part of plan to get him out. “If one gets away, one gets away.”
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) October 16, 2012
Scutaro has been diagnosed with a hip muscle strain and will be a game-time decision on Wednesday.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 143
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39