Oct 16, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Giants ace Matt Cain said on the FOX broadcast of NLCS Game 2 that he felt Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide into the left knee of Marco Scutaro was “late.” Cain will start in Game 3 on Wednesday in St. Louis, and may or may not have retaliation on his mind.
This comes via CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly:
Cain said he won’t be timid about throwing inside to Holliday, but only as part of plan to get him out. “If one gets away, one gets away.”
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) October 16, 2012
Scutaro has been diagnosed with a hip muscle strain and will be a game-time decision on Wednesday.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 59
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)