Oct 16, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
Cano already set the postseason record for offensive futility in Game 2 and is now merely padding on.
The Tigers managed a single and a walk against Yankees right-hander Phil Hughes in the bottom of the first inning but were ultimately unable to push a run across. They did nothing in the second. Game 3 is tied 0-0 as the top of the third gets underway.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69