Oct 16, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
Cano already set the postseason record for offensive futility in Game 2 and is now merely padding on.
The Tigers managed a single and a walk against Yankees right-hander Phil Hughes in the bottom of the first inning but were ultimately unable to push a run across. They did nothing in the second. Game 3 is tied 0-0 as the top of the third gets underway.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)