Oct 16, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT
Cano already set the postseason record for offensive futility in Game 2 and is now merely padding on.
The Tigers managed a single and a walk against Yankees right-hander Phil Hughes in the bottom of the first inning but were ultimately unable to push a run across. They did nothing in the second. Game 3 is tied 0-0 as the top of the third gets underway.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8