Oct 16, 2012, 8:43 PM EST
Cano already set the postseason record for offensive futility in Game 2 and is now merely padding on.
The Tigers managed a single and a walk against Yankees right-hander Phil Hughes in the bottom of the first inning but were ultimately unable to push a run across. They did nothing in the second. Game 3 is tied 0-0 as the top of the third gets underway.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 28
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 36
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 34
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)