Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
I wrote last week about how Carlos Beltran had the highest slugging percentage and the highest OPS in playoff history, and since then he’s actually managed to raise both numbers while also taking over the all-time playoff lead in batting average and on-base percentage too.
After going 2-for-3 with two doubles and a walk last night Beltran is now hitting .400 with a .500 on-base percentage and .897 slugging percentage in eight playoff games for the Cardinals this season.
And here are the updated all-time postseason leaders among players with at least 100 plate appearances:
OBP SLG OPS CARLOS BELTRAN .489 CARLOS BELTRAN .838 CARLOS BELTRAN 1.327 Lou Gehrig .477 Babe Ruth .744 Babe Ruth 1.211 Babe Ruth .467 Lou Gehrig .731 Lou Gehrig 1.208
Beltran also owns the highest postseason batting average (.378), so he’s basically the all-time playoff leader in everything. And if you prorate his playoff numbers over a full 162-game schedule it works out to .378 with 76 homers, 49 doubles, 135 RBIs, 205 runs, 130 walks, and 49 steals without being caught.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)